A Place to Call Home: Tiny House ParkingLooking for a place to park your tiny house? Or do you have land to rent or a community to share? Check out the maps!
Register to add your listing - it's free. The maps are updated nightly.
- In Luling, TX, four tiny homes have settled in the new village founded by Brad Kittel of Tiny Texas Houses.
- Headwaters Garden & Learning Center in Cabot, VT, is an eco-village that welcomes tiny houses.
- City in the Woods is a tiny house eco-village on 45 acres just outside of Greenville, SC. New citizens are welcome - a quarter acre of land plus a house costs just $18,000.
- Tom Greene, Iowa, is developing an eco-village,
SoFair Farms. Membership is available, starting at $15,000.
- High Coves is an eco-village in Mitchell County, NC, that welcome small and tiny houses. The community has architectural and landscape guidelines as well as a homeowner's association. Half acre lots start at $45,000.
- Jay Shafer, northern CA, is planning a tiny house village.
- Boneyard Studios in DC, is a tiny house showcase (not a village - no permament living). Tours are available by appointment.
- Folks in Ontario, Canada are gathering to form Smart Communities.
- Some RV parks will accept tiny houses if they were built by a licensed RV manufacturer. Some even allow year round living. In cold climates, RV parks close in the winter, and in some warmer states (such as CA), laws protecting tenants rights lead to RV parks limiting stays to six months. A few communities (like Teton county, WY) restrict living in an RV to just 30 days. However, many parks in AZ, FL, NM, and NV offer annual lease or purchase options. Learn more about fulltime RVing at Escapees RV Club.
- Portland Garden Cottages, in the Mississippi Historic District of Portland, Oregon, are sometimes available for rent. There are two, each 364 square feet. Minimum stay: one month.
- Overnight and Short Term Rentals:
a) Caravan, a tiny house hotel in Portland, OR
b) Blue Moon Rising, an eco-tourist retreat on Deep Creek Lake in western Maryland.
Cabins, most built Hobbitat, are 275 to 400 square feet and can accommodate four people.
c) Ecopod Holidays in Derbyshire, United Kingdom
d) Endemico in Mexico
e) Tiny House Vacations
f) Tiny House Wishlist on Air BnB
g) Tinywood Homes in Warwickshire, United Kingdom
h) Tumbleweed Resort at the Double R Ranch in Florida
Rental Parks and Resorts
- On twelve acres of donated land near Ithaca, NY, Community Faith Partners created Second Wind Cottages, providing 320 square foot tiny houses for homeless men.
- Community First! Village will provide homes (tiny houses, RVs, cottages and tepees) for up to 200 disabled, chronically homeless people in central TX. The village is 27 acres with a 3 acre garden.
- In Eugene, Oregon, Opportunity Village will provide temporary tiny shelter for up to 45 adults.
- In Portland, Oregon, Dignity Village is a community for the homeless, supporting 60 residents.
- With Occupy Madison, future residents participate in the building of their tiny houses at OM Build.
- Quixote Village, a community of one room cottages for homeless folks, is in construction in Olympia, WA.