This site was created to support tiny house enthusiasts and communities. If you know of a community that exists (or is being planned) that isn't listed below, please contact us. Thanks!
(This site has no advertisements, in keeping with the tiny house philosophy of living lightly.)
Looking to start or join a community? Check out the maps!
Showcase Communities and Permanent Villages
- The first nation's first tiny house community showcase, Boneyard Studios, is in D.C. and has four tiny houses. Tours are available by appointment.
- An eco-village that welcomes tiny houses, Headwaters Garden & Learning Center in Cabot, VT has four sites still available for purchase at $30,000 each, plus utilities hook up.
- Gatherings of tiny dwellings
Gypsy wagons in Mainz, Germany
POD49 in Portland, OR
- Tom Greene, Iowa, is developing an eco-village,
SoFair Farms. Lots are available, starting at $15,000.
- Jay Shafer, northern CA, is planning a tiny house village.
- Folks in Ontario, Canada are gathering to form Smart Communities.
Rental parks and resorts
- Some RV parks will accept tiny houses if they were built by a licensed RV manufacturer. Some even allow year round living. In cold climates, RV parks close in the winter, and in some warmer states (such as CA), laws protecting tenants rights lead to RV parks limiting stays to six months. A few communities like Teton county, WY restrict living in an RV to just 30 days. However, many parks in AZ, FL, NM, and NV offer annual lease or purchase options. Learn more about fulltime RVing at Escapees RV Club.
- Overnight and short term rentals:
a) Caravan, a tiny house hotel in Portland, OR
b) Endemico in Mexico
c) Tiny House Vacations
d) Tiny House Wishlist on Air BnB
e) Tumbleweed Resort at the Double R Ranch in Florida
Communities for Temporary or Homeless Shelter
- Community First! Village will provide homes (tiny houses, RVs, cottages and tepees) for up to 200 disabled, chronically homeless people in central TX. The village is 27 acres with a 3 acre garden. Expected opening date is in early 2014.
- In Eugene, Oregon, Opportunity Village will provide temporary tiny shelter for up to 45 adults.
- In Portland, Oregon, Dignity Village is a community for the homeless, supporting 60 residents.
- Future residents participate in the building of their tiny houses in Occupy Madison's
Quixote Village, a community of one room cottages for homeless folks, is in construction in Olympia, WA.