There are many ways to be a part of a community for tiny houses.
Join? or Create?
If you’d like to join a community, look no further! We invite you to join our community here on TinyHouseCommunity.com and join the movement with hundreds of others just like you!
If you’d like to create a community, check out our page that is filled with invaluable information guiding you to create your perfect community!
- Arizona: LuxTiny Community in Pinetop-Lakeside is on 6 acres not far from Scott’s Reservoir, Rainbow Lake and Show Low Lake. There will be 45 spaces for rent for $329-$359 per month.
- California: The Lavra is an international community in rural California, between San Luis Obispo and Arroyo Grande, that participates in farming activities. Monthly rent is $450.
- California: Lemon Cove Village in northern CA is a tiny house community that had transitioned from an RV park. Lot rent: $450 to $595 per month, including the common area fee.
- California: Ingenium Expressive Arts Village is a residential property in Nevada City that will house six expressive artists and their families. Homes will be small (450 and 800 square feet) rather than tiny. Anticipated opening in the fall of 2017.
- Colorado: Sprout Tiny Homes is developing communities in Walsenburg and Salida.
- Colorado: Whispering Aspen Village in Fairplay is the start of a tiny house village sponsored by tiny house RV manufacturers. Lots cost $29,900 to $39,900. Contact Brandy Brown at 719-373-9864.
- DC: Boneyard Studios was a tiny house showcase from 2012 to mid 2014. Currently, only one tiny house is located at the original site and is operating under the name Micro Showcase. Two of the tiny houses have retained the name, Boneyard Studios, but are living in separate locations in/around DC. The other tiny house is in Palmetto, FL.
- Florida: A tiny house community has been approved by the city of Rockledge. Plans are underway for both tiny houses on wheels and foundations.
- Florida: In Okeechobee, Gracious Tiny House Park is a year-round, pet-friendly, waterfront tiny house community/RV park along Lake Okeechobee. Rent is $385/month plus electric. Includes water & sewer hookups.
- Florida: Orlando Lakefront at College Park is a lakefront, year-round tiny house community/RV park in Orlando. Elaine’s tiny home was there for two years (see the picture at the top of this page). If you’d like to try tiny living there, you can reserve this AirBnB tiny house.
- Georgia: Green Bridge Farm in Guyton, GA is a sustainable community that accepts tiny houses. A twenty year old organic farm is the center piece of the shared community space on this otherwise wooded acreage. One-acre lots are for sale for $30,000 and $40,000. Smaller lots are available for rent for $300 per month plus electricity.
- Indiana: In north west Indiana on the Kankakee River, Lomax Tiny House Community has quarter acre sites, well, septic, electric, hiking trails and more. This was designed as a high end, first class, gated community for tiny houses on wheels. Lots are for sale or rent. Call Michael Anthony 574-275-2200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indiana: Tiny houses are coming to Towering Pines Vineyard, an organic farm and learning center.
- Iowa: Tom Greene, is developing an eco-village, SoFair Farms. Membership is available, starting at $22,000.
- Michigan:Traverse Bay RV Resort in Williamsburg is host to Cottage Estates by Wheelhaus. Lots start at $64,900; with a cottage (400 sq ft house) $229,000.
- Minnesota: The Sanctuary Minnesota in Ogilvie is a tiny house community on 80 acres of woods and trails, with two permanent houses ($400 per month) and six spots to park a tiny house on wheels ($300 per month). In order to maintain the serenity of the property and balance with nature, The Sanctuary Minnesota is an adult only community, and cats are the only pets allowed.
- Montana: Truly Green Energy Worker’s Cooperative Village in Yaak, Montana is an ecovillage with four businesses and several tiny to almost tiny timber frame houses with a central dining hall and kitchen.
- Missouri: Dancing Rabbit is an intentional community with some tiny houses in Rutledge.
- New Mexico: City of the Sun, near Columbus, NM, on the Mexico border, is an intentional community that accepts tiny houses. Contact: Bob Cook at email@example.com
- New Mexico: A tiny house community & eco-resort, Caballos de las Estrellas, is under development in Rodeo.
- Nevada: Llamalopolis, also known as the Airstream Park, was created in the Fremont East District of Las Vegas by Tony Hsieh, the CEO of Zappos. The community is composed of Tumbleweeds and Airstreams which are inhabited by Tony’s friends. New members and visitors are by invitation only.
- North Carolina: Wildwoods Community Mini-Farm has broken ground for tiny homes and gardens in Chapel Hill, NC.
- North Carolina: The Village of Wildflowers in Flat Rock was founded on the belief that “smaller is better” with many certified park model tiny homes for rent or purchase.
- North Carolina: High Cove is an eco-village in Mitchell County that welcomes small and tiny houses. The community has architectural and landscape guidelines as well as a homeowner’s association. Half acre lots start at $45,000.
- North Carolina: Highland Lake Cove is an eco-village in Flat Rock that welcomes small and tiny houses. Land is available for lease.
- North Carolina: John Williams is developing a tiny house community and ecovillage called Camp Tiny House of the Triad in Kernersville.
- Ohio: Lovare Homestead in De Graff is 7 acres of communal farm and orchard with room for 6 tiny houses.
- Oregon: Founded by Tony & Aline Diethelm, Ben Campbell, and Karin Parramore, Simply Home Community is in Portland, and is the site of the Lucky Penny, Lina Menard’s (Niche Consulting) tiny house.
- Oregon: Lakeview Tall Town Tiny Village is a tiny house community forming from an old RV park. Lots are 30×60 ft, available for purchase for $12,500 or for rent at $400 per month. Utilities are extra. Contact: call John Cogar at 541-417-1143 or email TallTownTinyVillage@outlook.com.
- Pennsylvania: Sharing Paradise is a private vacation community of five friends in Hawley.
- Texas: Austin Live|Work is an innovative mixed-use 10 acre land development, half a mile from the Circuit of the Americas, for tiny house entrepreneurs who want to live peacefully and work productively.
- Texas: Sunconomy is building an eco-village of tiny houses in Willis, TX, at Healing Hands Ranch, which as you can see below, aims to help transition folks to better circumstances. Sunconomy’s homes will be available to the general population, as well as to the residents of Healing Hands Ranch.
- Vermont: Headwaters Garden & Learning Center in Cabot, VT, is an eco-village that welcomes tiny houses.
- Washington: Chris and Malissa Tack have a tiny house collective centered around their larger home and land in Puget Sound. With three tiny homes, they are at capacity (no room for more, sorry).
- Australia: Wurruk’an is a humble but beautiful body of land, water, and forest in the Gunai district of Gippsland, Victoria. In recent years it has become an inclusive gathering space for people seeking to pioneer and demonstrate a simpler way of living based on permaculture principles. Several tiny houses are in the community.
- Canada: Bluegrass Meadows Micro Village near Terrace, British Columbia offers tiny houses for rent from Hummingbird Micro Homes starting at $750 per month. For those who already own a tiny home, land rent is $400/month.
- Canada: Tiny Homes Simply Home Community – is in the planning stages in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
- Canada: Folks in Ontario are gathering to form Smart Communities.
- Canada: Andy Thomson is building a tiny house ecovillage in Mansfield, Quebec.
- Canada: Habitat Multigenerations offers a varity of housing options in Laval, Quebec.
- New Zealand: The eco-village Earthsong has one tiny house and may accept more.
- United Kingdom: Tiny houses by the Wee House Company are joining the Chapelton development in Seamill.